Please read prior to completing application:
1. You must FIRST complete the safety course.
2. Properly fill out the application, but do not sign and date until you are in front of a notary public. Please download the appropriate application - Age 18-21 fill out the Provisional Application. If you are over 21, fill out the Regular Application.
3. Have a valid West Virginia driver’s license or state issued ID and be a resident of Monongalia County. If you are a West Virginia resident and do not have a Monongalia County address you cannot apply within this county. You must apply within the county you reside in. However, if you have recently moved to Monongalia County and yet to have changed your address, you must go to the West Virginia DMV and do this first, before applying.
4. The application processing fee is $25.00(Regular) $15.00(Provisional) – CASH OR MONEY ORDER ONLY. We do not accept checks or credit/debit cards. If you are approved, the fee to pick up your permit is $25.00(Regular) $15.00(Provisional) – CASH ONLY. Wallet size (Photo ID) included.
You will need to bring the following:
1. Copy of your West Virginia driver's license or state issued photo ID.
2. Handgun training certificate.
3. Processing fee - CASH ONLY.
1. File out the application.
2. Bring photo copy of your driver's license.
3. Bring $25.00 Application Fee - CASH ONLY
4. Bring $25.00 State Police Fee - CASH ONLY
5. You must wear a mask.
You must use the revised application form from the WV State Police Form 44A (Regular) - Revised 7/2020 (Available here).
Applicants ages 18-21 must use the revised application form from the WV State Police 44C (Provisional) - Revised 7/2020 (Available here).