Please read prior to completing application:
1. You must first complete the safety course with proof of live fire. No online courses are accepted.
2. Properly fill out the application. Do not sign and date until you are in front of a notary public. Please download the appropriate application - Age 18-21 fill out the Provisional Application. If you are over 21, fill out the Regular Application.
3. Have a valid West Virginia driver’s license or state issued ID and be a resident of Monongalia County. If you are a West Virginia resident and do not reside in Monongalia County, you must apply within the county you reside.
4. West Virginia resident: The regular application processing fee / State Police fee is $50.00 – CASH ONLY.
5. Non-resident of West Virginia: The regular application processing fee / State Police fee is $100.00 – CASH ONLY.
Veterans of West Virginia:
Armed Forces Veterans with an Honorable Discharge can bring their DD Form 214 as proof and the fee will be waived. West Virginia residents only. We accept retired military ID for identification.
You will need to bring the following:
1. Copy of your West Virginia driver's license or state issued photo ID.
2. Safety course certificate.
3. Processing fee / State Police fee - CASH ONLY.
1. Print and fill out the application form.
2. Bring a copy of your driver's license.
3. Bring appropriate fee - CASH ONLY.
Change of Address:
1. Monongalia County resident, change of address form, updated drivers license, $5.00 Cash
2. From a different county, change of address form, updated drivers license, $5.00 Cash, plus proof of training
3. Call for appointment.