Please read prior to completing application:
1. You must first complete the 8 hour handgun training program.
2. Properly fill out the application, but, do not sign and date until you are in front of a notary public. Please download the appropriate application - Age 18-21 fill out the Provisional Application. If you are over 21, fill out the Regular Application.
3. Have a valid West Virginia driver’s license or state issued ID and be a resident of Monongalia County. If you are a West Virginia resident and do not have a Monongalia County address you cannot apply within this county. You must apply within the county you reside. If you have recently moved to Monongalia County, you must update your address at the West Virginia DMV, before applying for a concealed weapon permit.
4. The application processing fee is $75.00(Regular) $25.00(Provisional) – CASH ONLY. We do not accept checks or credit/debit cards. If you are approved, the fee to pick up your permit is $25.00(Regular) $15.00(Provisional) – CASH ONLY. Wallet size (Photo ID) included.
You will need to bring the following:
1. Copy of your West Virginia driver's license or state issued photo ID.
2. Handgun safety course certificate.
3. Processing fee - CASH ONLY.
1. Call our office 3 or 4 weeks prior to permit expiration to schedule an appointment.
2. Fill out and print the application form.
3. Bring a copy of your driver's license.
4. Bring $75.00 for the processing fee - CASH ONLY.
You must use the revised application form from the WV State Police Form 44A (Regular) - Revised 5/2016 (Available here).
Applicants ages 18-21 must use the revised application form from the WV State Police 44C (Provisional) - Revised 5/2016 (Available here).