Attribution: ForestWander.com [CC BY-SA 3.0 us http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/us/deed.en)], via Wikimedia Commons
NO EXPOSURE / NON EMERGENCY
1. DIRECT CALLER TO MECCA’S NON EMERGENCY NUMBER 304-599-6382
*every wildlife call will be documented and/or recorded.
2. RESPONSE FROM MECCA OPERATORS:
*IF WILDLIFE IS ROAMING ON PERSONAL PROPERTY CALLER SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO KEEP HUMANS AND OTHER ANIMALS AWAY FROM IT.
• MONDAY THRU FRIDAY 8:30am – 4:30pm calls will be directed to DNR @304-825-6787 to speak to DNR Wildlife personnel.
*If DNR Wildlife personnel feel this is a pest control situation and the responsibility of the property owner, caller will be referred to ABC Humane Animal Removal Service (Mike Gray) @ 304-291-0957 or an animal removal service of their choice.
• IF ANIMAL APPEARS SICK (DEAD OR ALIVE) calls will be directed Monday thru Friday 8:00am-4:30pm to USDA Wildlife Services @ 304-636-1785.
* If USDA Wildlife Agent feels this is a pest control situation and the responsibility of the property owner, caller will be referred to ABC Humane Animal Removal Service (Mike Gray) @ 304-291-0957 or an animal removal service of their choice.
IF CALLER WANTS WILDLIFE REMOVED AFTER BUSINESS HOURS THEY SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO ABC HUMANE ANIMAL REMOVAL @ 304-291- 0957 OR AN ANIMAL REMOVAL SERVICE OF THEIR CHOICE AND WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL CHARGES INCURRED.
EXPOSURE / EMERGENCY
1. DIRECT CALLER TO DIAL 911
2. MECCA OPERATOR WILL DISPATCH POLICE DEPARTMENT AND CONTACT MONONGALIA COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT FOR GUIDANCE AND TESTING.
ALL DOMESTIC ANIMAL CALLS WILL BE DIRECTED TO THE DOG WARDEN/CANINE CENTER